There comes a time when sleeping on the ground no longer holds the thrill it did when you were younger. Nonetheless enjoying the outdoors still excites those living in this area of the country. Minnesota and Wisconsin are indeed beautiful areas, and recreational vehicles (RVs), campers, and trailers offer the opportunity to enjoy the outdoors without the sore back! As with all recreational pursuits, however, risks abound. Get a quote from Andreotti for insurance for your RV, camper, or trailer. With insurance, you will have the requisite peace of mind to enjoy your adventures.
Insurance for Recreational Vehicles, Explained
Road warriors have a lot of options when choosing a recreational vehicle. Possibilities include everything from a trailer to a house on wheels! To add to the confusion, some use terms interchangeably—mobile home, motor home, RV, camper, house trailer, trailer, pop-up camper, camper van. Then there are those who use brand names like Airstream and Winnebago. The different terminology makes research on insurance difficult for consumers.
At the outset, Andreotti Insurance will take the time to determine what kind of vehicle you own and how you use it (despite what you call it!) Knowing this is fundamental to assessing risk and finding appropriate coverage. Recreational vehicles are exposed to a hybrid of risks common to auto and home, thus the proper insurance has provisions common to each. For this reason, you cannot just “add on” an RV or trailer to your car insurance policy the way you might if you bought another automobile.
Take time to understand and ask questions about common types of coverage:
- Collision—If your RV or camper is involved in a collision and is damaged or destroyed, you would make a claim under this policy provision.
- Comprehensive—This part of the policy concerns situations where your RV, camper, or trailer is damaged in a non-collision event such as theft, vandalism, fire, or bad weather.
- Liability—As with other types of insurance, this portion of the policy covers a portion of the costs of property damage or bodily injury you are legally obligated to pay as the result of a lawsuit against you. It also covers your legal defense.
- Underinsured/uninsured—If the person at fault doesn’t have insurance or doesn’t have enough insurance, then this portion of your policy kicks in.
RV, camper, and trailer coverage is different than typical car insurance coverage because you use these vehicles differently.
- You are more likely to store expensive contents in an RV or camper. Think about what it would cost to replace the recreational equipment and creature comforts in your RV.
- Given that many buy this kind of vehicle to travel, you are more apt to be exposed to different kinds of weather that could damage or destroy your recreational vehicle.
- Because a camper trailer or RV might be comparable to a traveling vacation home, you are likely to invite others inside. If someone gets hurt and you are sued, you may be held responsible for the cost of his or her injuries.
- Where is your recreational vehicle stored when not in use? What if something happens to it while stored?
Andreotti Insurance Can Meet Your RV, Camper, or Trailer Insurance Needs
The particulars of RV insurance can be confusing. Rely on the staff at Andreotti Insurance Agency to determine what you need. If you use your RV as your residence, your insurance needs are different than if you only use it at particular times of the year. Also, the value of the contents will impact your coverage needs.
The cost of your insurance will depend on your driving record, type of vehicle, and where you travel. Andreotti Insurance is an independent insurance agency thus works with a number of reputable insurance companies.
Contact Us for a Quote on Insurance
Andreotti Insurance Company is an independent agency, which means they work with many insurance companies and many different policies. Frank Andreotti, an insurance professional with over eighteen years of experience, started the company. We are located at 6230 10th St N, Suite 430, Oakdale, MN 55128, and work with residents of the greater Twin Cities metro and eastern Wisconsin. Call us at 651-739-9302.