Although Midwest winters aren’t too friendly to the motorcyclist, residents still buy and enjoy riding motorcycles. Owners know that a motorcycle, or motorbike, is something more than a way to get from point A to point B. Riding a motorcycle is an experience! The openness of a motorcycle, however, gives rise to both joy and danger. Prudent motorcyclists drive carefully and purchase good insurance.
Motorcycle Insurance Explained
For starters, all motorcycle drivers are required by state law to carry insurance. Don’t settle for just any policy. Motorcycle insurance policies are not all alike, although most include the same types of coverage available in an auto policy.
- Collision Coverage—If your accident involves a collision, this portion of the policy addresses the cost to repair or replace your motorcycle.
- Comprehensive (also known as “other than collision” coverage)—If your motorcycle is damaged or destroyed by vandals, fire, or another non-collision event, this coverage comes into play.
- Liability Coverage—Lawsuits can result in very high monetary judgments to compensate others for injuring them or damaging their property. This coverage addresses costs you are legally obligated to pay and the costs of your defense.
- Uninsured and Underinsured Coverage—You or your bike may be injured by an uninsured or underinsured driver, compounding your bad luck. If so, this provision of your policy will provide some reimbursement.
A motorcycle owner faces different risks than an auto owner, so is often interested in additional or increased coverage.
- Trailer—Do you want the motorcycle trailer covered?
- After-market parts—Is your motorcycle equipped with after-market parts?
- Safety apparel—Replacing safety apparel can be quite expensive. Do you want these items covered as well?
- Higher liability limits–You run a greater risk of serious bodily injury while riding a motorcycle because you don’t have the vehicle protecting you. Many motorcyclists choose higher liability limits for this reason.
Protect your financial future and your investment and put your mind at ease by getting a quote for motorcycle insurance and purchasing the most comprehensive policy you can afford.
Andreotti Insurance Goes the Distance
You can go online and get insurance, but ask yourself what you are really getting. Good advice? Answers to your questions? Options? Help with a claim?
You are required by law to carry certain coverages. Even if you settle for the minimum required, your financial outlay will be substantial. Make sure you are getting your money’s worth.
At Andreotti Insurance, rest assured that the same guy who sold you the policy will be the same one helping you when times are tough. You won’t be dialing an 800 number, calling some undisclosed location, rather you will be calling a person you have met, who lives and works in your community, someone who knows that good advice and customer service is essential to keep your business.
For a Free Quote on Motorcycle Insurance, Contact Us
Do yourself a favor and contact Andreotti Insurance Agency for a free quote on motorcycle insurance. Call or stop in. We are located at 6230 10th St N, Suite 430, Oakdale, MN 55128, and work with residents of the greater Twin Cities metro and eastern Wisconsin. Call today 651-739-9302.