All-terrain vehicles, also known as ATVs, are loads of fun. Kids and adults alike enjoy cross-country travels, getting off the beaten path, taking the road not taken. But like any recreation involving speed and unpredictable terrain, people can suffer injury and property can be damaged. While insurance can’t protect you from an accident, insurance can go a long way in protecting your financial security. Get a quote today.
ABC’s of ATV Insurance
All-terrain vehicle insurance is somewhat similar to car insurance—both cover vehicle use. The way each is used, however, gives risk to different risk exposure. An ATV owner should review and understand the provisions of typical policies, keeping in mind how the ATV will be operated.
- Collision coverage addresses just what you’d think—significant damage caused by collisions, whether with a tree, another ATV, a rock, fence, etc.
- Comprehensive coverage is sometimes called “other than collision” coverage because it comes into play if your all-terrain vehicle is damaged or destroyed in a way other than a collision. For example, if your machine catches fire, is stolen, or is vandalized, you would make a claim under this portion of the policy.
- Liability coverage addresses expenses resulting from lawsuits. If you are sued, the insurance company provides a defense and covers a portion of the money damages you must pay the other party. The damages could result from property damage or personal injury.
- Underinsured coverage fills in if someone else injures you or your ATV, but doesn’t have enough insurance to cover all your damages.
- Uninsured coverage steps in when the person at fault failed to carry any insurance.
The amount of reimbursement you receive pursuant to these coverages depends on the particular policy—its limits, conditions, and deductible provisions. These factors also impact cost. The best way to get a handle on cost and coverage is to visit with an independent agent like Andreotti Insurance Agency.
Look for Choices, Guidance, and Customer Service
Buying an insurance policy is not enough. You want to be sure you get the best policy you can afford. Andreotti Insurance is an independent insurance agency that can offer you choices, in cost and coverage, and guide you in your purchase. They will answer your questions and advocate for you at the time of a claim.
When you talk with staff at Andreotti Insurance Agency to get a quote, you can ask about policy particulars.
- Will the policy cover the ATV in transit or only on a trail?
- Can minors drive the ATV and be covered?
- Will the policy cover the ATV trailer?
- Are any discounts available?
- Will the policy cover after-market parts? Safety apparel?
- Is the ATV covered when in storage?
Andreotti Insurance Agency works with several insurance companies and can help you find a policy that fits your budget. Once you secure insurance, get out and enjoy the great outdoors! If you suffer a loss, you can rely on Andreotti Insurance to assist you with the claims process.
For a Free Quote on ATV Insurance, Contact Us
Contact Andreotti Insurance Agency today for a free quote on all-terrain vehicle insurance. We are located at 6230 10th St N, Suite 430, Oakdale, MN 55128. We work with residents of the greater Twin Cities metro and eastern Wisconsin. Stop in or call us at 651-739-9302.